Entry-Level Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Assured Information Security, Inc.
The successful candidate will be able to work closely with the project team members in a highly creative agile environment to fulfill the end customers requirements. The individual will be responsible for the implementation of the software in C/C++ and applicable scripting languages, as well as assisting the SecureView program test team at times.
The SVG team is focused on building and deploying a world class cross domain solution that many agencies can use to access their mission critical information and reduce the number of workstations they require to perform their daily operations duties. SecureView (SV) is a hardened client hosted virtualization solution that enables independent and concurrent access to multiple security domains from a single user workstation with supporting server management software. SecureView is one of the hottest new MILS solutions in DOD/IC and is accredited at PL4. SV is based on state of the art edge hypervisor technology and OpenXT.
This position will include collaboration with management, project leads, engineers, customers, end-users, as well as key stakeholders, to gather and create requirements for software deliverables. The roles and responsibilities for this positions are as follows:
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Participate in software design, implementation, creation of unit testing and documentation of work for the SecureView program.
* Exercise creative thinking and idea creation to advance our program performance through the design and development of novel software capabilities.
* Implement software in C/C++ and applicable scripting languages.
* Investigate and solve problem reports as needed.
* Ability to work in an agile environment with an integrated team of developers, testers, and investigators.
The requirements for this positions are as follows:
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline, and 0-1 year of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the development of software systems with knowledge of the following:
* Proficiency in C/C++
* Knowledge in Python, Perl or other scripting languages
* Experience working in a Linux environment
* Coursework in data structures, operating systems, or networking
* Highly organized, deadline oriented, and quality focused
* Ability to understand and describe highly technical software systems
* Ability to obtain/retain a DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
* Ability to travel as required (estimate less than 10% of time) for onsite customer technical interchange meetings
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
* Understanding of version control systems such as GiT or subversion
* Knowledgeable of computer network security protocols and methods
* Knowledge of DoD environment, systems, and applications desired
* Familiarity with cross domain systems, virtualization, and VDI environments
* Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Visio
* Active TS/SCI clearance