- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Entry-Level Water Engineer
The Water Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for an entry level Water Engineer, to join our team in Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE.
Primary focus for this Engineer will be planning, design and construction administration for many project opportunities including wastewater, stormwater and water, with an emphasis on municipal and industrial pipeline system (water, stormwater, wastewater, fire, process) rehabilitation projects. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, works well both independently and as part of a team, is interested in a combination of travel, office work & field work and maintains a flexible attitude towards assignments, possessing the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
Technical responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Construction observation and administration activities, condition assessment evaluations, field condition assessment design, CAD, GIS, database development, spreadsheet analysis, cost estimating. Projects can involve a variety of trenchless rehabilitation techniques as well as traditional open-cut replacement of existing infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working closely and communicating regularly (both oral and written) with staff within own office and across Arcadis, clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
* Client and public facing tasks including preparation of progress reports, participation in client meetings and field interaction with clients, contractors, subcontractors and the general public.
* Working on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, utilizing organizational, analytical and problem solving skills to responsibly manage workload.
* Exercises judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
* Will ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
* Field activities including construction inspection, sampling, asset inventory and condition assessment, and flow monitoring set-up and monitoring.
* Candidate must be willing to work in Philadelphia (PA), Wilmington (DE) and travel for field assignments. Candidate's urged to speak to this within their cover letter
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant engineering field
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
* Physical ability to perform field investigations and condition assessments
* Must be able to work independently and as part of project teams
* Ability to balance multiple assignment and activities to meet project deadlines
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Local candidates will be given preference
* Prior internship experience in Consulting Engineering firm or Municipal work environment
* Construction observation experience
* EIT certification
* Experience/training with AutoCAD
* GIS experience
* Experience in Construction
Engineering - Water Resources
Arcadis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.