Environmental Compliance Engineer (Bakersfield)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ERM is seeking a motivated Environmental Compliance Engineer who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services, to join our Bakersfield, CA team. In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers on EHS compliance-driven and management systems based projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects for large industrial and global clients.
• Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance, sustainability, and due diligence transaction projects as well as air quality management and climate change projects.
• Prepare plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality compliance assurance and permitting programs, and especially storm water, NPDES, SPCC, HMBP, and wastewater programs.
• Prepare emission inventory reports and quantify air pollutant emissions and impacts.
• Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
• Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
• Perform Phase I environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
• Support field sampling such as groundwater and surface water sampling and ecological field studies, as needed.
• Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
• Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
• BS in civil or environmental engineering; environmental science, or related discipline. Master's degree is a plus.
• 3 to 7 years of relevant environmental compliance experience, preferably with some experience in consulting.
• Demonstrated experience with air emissions and reporting processes, SPCC, Storm water, and HMBP.
• EIT certification a plus. Professional registration desired, or motivation to obtain.
• Familiarity with USEPA and State environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes; preference given to those with experience in environmental compliance auditing.
• Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
• Experience working in Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, and Manufacturing Sector will be an important candidate selection factor.
• Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, and Excel desired.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Local candidates preferred.
To apply, please follow the link below:
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past three years we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world, in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. These sectors face critical sustainability challenges. Our clients in these sectors and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them to improve sustainability, which fosters a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance