Environmental Control Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNATURE OF WORK Under general supervision performs a variety of waste water/chemical treatment procedures to prepare process waste for disposal and reclaim. Coordinates the removal of chemicals from production processes and insures they are received in the correct waste streams. Neutralizes pH and oxidizers and precipitates metals from waste streams to prepare for discharge to the POTW. Monitors treatment operations, periodically sampling to insure the systems are running efficiently and under the sites permitted values as set by the State and Federal laws. Regular preventative maintenance will be performed on treatment systems along with process water systems and waste transfer systems.
This third level position in Environmental Control requires the incumbent to have a good working knowledge of waste procedures, chemical processes, and federal and state regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitors rinse water and concentrated chemical baths from production operations, coordinates the spent chemical removal from production lines, and coordinates treatment of waste streams.
2. Monitors treatment process, operates computer automated treatment systems and chemical transfer systems.
3. Monitors and controls discharge of waste water to the POTW sampling according to procedure to insure compliance with state and federal regulations.
4. Monitors and operates the sludge de-watering systems and prepares waste for transport.
5. Monitors and operates the Process water systems, maintaining purity to production standards through sampling and maintenance.
6. Maintains all computerized and manual logs monitoring the functions of all waste water, process water, and solid waste systems.
7. Maintains an orderly work area, participating in general housekeeping and preventative maintenance.
8. Performs minor repairs on pumps, plumbing, and monitoring equipment.
9. Mandatory membership in the Hazardous Incident Response Team.
10. Flexibility to work overtime and holidays.
11. Performs Duties as otherwise assigned.
This is a 2nd shift job - must be able to work 3:00pm - 11:30pm. PLUS all required OT.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.