Environmental Graphic Designer (Brand Design Architecture Studio)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnvironmental Graphic Designer
As part of a global architecture, design and planning firm, the studio is a collaborative team of designers and strategists that engages in projects of all sizes from the design of logos to retail concepts to campus-wide signage programs. We help our clients tell their unique stories effectively across every dimension of the human experience and every channel of today s diverse media.
Our team integrates content, strategy and research into comprehensive creative experiences for our clients in the corporate, sports, hospitality, educational, retail, transportation, entertainment and healthcare sectors. Our services include brand strategy and positioning, identity and communications design, design of branded environments, and design of environmental graphics and wayfinding programs.
We are seeking a Designer for a wide variety of environmental graphics and wayfinding projects across all market sectors.
This individual shall possess a strong design portfolio that demonstrates conceptual and creative thinking and use of brand as applied to design solutions in the built environment. This position will be responsible for collaborating with a team of designers to develop strategic creative solutions that are on-brand.
Requirements of this position include:
* A degree in graphic design, environmental design, or related field from an accredited school of design
* 3+ years design experience (post-graduation) working in the field of environmental graphic design
* A strong design process that includes conceptual thinking, user-understanding and empathy, and an understanding of brand
* A strong design sensibility with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery and type into three-dimensional built solutions
* Wayfinding planning capabilities, including research, user-analysis, planning, development and documentation of design solutions
* Experience putting together a sign package through all phases of development
* Experience working with building and signage construction, specifications, building codes and industry calculations
* Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and CADTools; use of SketchUp, AutoCAD, Revit or other 3D modeling programs a plus
* Flexibility to work on projects of all scales and types, both collaboratively and independently
* Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
* 3D modeling, laser cutting and 3D printing capabilities a plus
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.