Environmental Graphic Designer 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Environmental Graphic Designer
Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm, with locations worldwide. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Come join our Dallas office studio as an environmental graphic designer working with clients across industries and the world to express their story in 3-dimensional media and spaces through graphic communications, brand design, signage and wayfinding. Show us your extremely compelling and creative examples of work that grab people quickly, communicate clearly, and make people think.
* Create, design, and implement environmental graphic design, signage and wayfinding packages for interior, exterior, and architecturally based projects.
* Work with clients to develop specific graphic and user-oriented strategies for visual communication within a built environment, including corporate identity systems, environmental graphics programs and consumer environments.
* Collaborate with interior design teams to develop, design, and implement environmental graphics within a project, and integrate those designs into architectural drawing sets.
* Develop separate environmental graphic design intent packages that include specifications, materials, and locations for designed elements.
* Interface and collaborate with multiple internal design practices, including retail, hospitality, workplace, retail, education, aviation, urban planning, sports and entertainment.
* Bachelor s degree in architecture, industrial design, graphic design, product design or similar
* 5+ years of related experience, with a strong background in graphics, signage and Way finding, brand strategy and designing user-experience based environments
* Extensive design experience with signage and wayfinding, including production management and technical drawings
* Strategic thinking and ability to create design for projects based upon strong rational and conceptual thinking
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to read architectural plans, sections, elevations and details and coordinate with architectural teams on projects
All candidates MUST include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, those with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.