Environmental Health & Safety Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
HAYWOOD VOCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Environmental Health & Safety Director
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISES: Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator, Gate Attendants
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
PURPOSE: Develop and implement organization-wide safety policies and programs to assure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and laws.
AREA OF PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY: Facility Wide
* Support and implement procedures and activities that promotes OSHA compliance
* Organize documentation authenticating routine staff certifications in CPR, first aid, NCI, etc.
* Conduct departmental safety meetings as required for OSHA regulations
* Responsible for employees and clients being trained in lockout / tagout procedures including hazards of equipment
* Coordinate with outside agencies as required for scheduled inspections of facility
* Ensures required forklift training is conducted with all forklift operators
* Serves as chairperson of safety committee.
* Maintain up to date records for all state and federal agencies related to safety and environmental permitting
* Conducts all required disaster drills and maintain documentation is accomplished.
* Collaborate with to communicate awareness of safety practices
* Completes Form 19, sends to insurance company and performs follow-up on work comp cases.
* Assist supervisors with incident investigations to ensure timely completion.
* Perform any other non-routine task as required by immediate supervisor
MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS/PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
* Ability to appropriately interact and work with individuals with disabilities
* Possess good organizational skills to document and file all training records
* Maintain a valid driver's license and be approved by HVO's insurance carrier
* Attend training seminars to maintain a working knowledge of OSHA regulations in a manufacturing setting
* Complete multiple tasks in a timely manner with minimal oversight
* Work cooperatively with various management representatives
* Support safety initiatives on all three shifts and off hours as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
* Bachelor's degree including instruction in occupational, industry, or manufacturing safety
* 2+ years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting with responsibilities involving occupational health and safety