Environmental, Health & Safety Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The purpose of this position is to lead and direct the design, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, and safety programs for the PECOFacet Oklahoma locations. Also, the E.H. & Safety Leader will develop, implement, administer and monitor all programs necessary to assure compliance with all Occupational Safety and Safety Administration (OSHA), company safety objectives, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and federal and local municipality laws and regulations.
The responsibilities described here are representative of those tasks an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Facilitate and implement activities in relation to CLARCOR Management Safety Council.
* Conduct periodic multi-site EH&S audits, observations, and submit recommendations.
* Coordinate, delivery, and maintenance of all required OSHA written management processes to include recordkeeping requirements per local, state and federal regulations; e.g. lift truck programs, confined space training, contractor orientation, hazard communications; includes the development and delivery of associated training programs.
* Leads/assists in the investigation of all recordable, near miss and first aid incidents. Assures proper root cause investigation, documentation and follow up.
* Coordinate and conduct safety processes and training which provide ongoing safety awareness, emergency response (tornado and fire response) and safety orientation for new employees.
* Coordinate plant audit processes for equipment inspections, job safety analyses and other accident prevention programs.
* Schedules/coordinates/follow-up and provides guidance on all monthly Employee Safety Committee meetings and any associated safety issues, and quarterly Management Safety Committee meetings.
* Facilitate and conducts, new Supervisor Orientation Program on Accident Reporting, Accident Investigation, PECOFacet policies on Safety Records/Documentation, and Safety Inspections both weekly and monthly.
* Inspects and monitors all work areas for safety hazards and OSHA compliance. Develop/conduct department safety check list. (Weekly monthly). (OSHA-EPA).
* Conducts department safety Tool Box topics and materials on a monthly basis to shop and office personnel. Materials are selected on current loss prevention information and/or updated industrial hygiene related practices. Assists with ISO 9001 awareness and employee information meetings.
* Manage site workmen s compensation and insurance programs.
* Develops, evaluates, and designs job task descriptions for employees with workers compensation light duty physical restrictions. Coordinates physical activities through Health Services (ECA), department supervisor, and specifies employee restrictions.
* Maintain Safety contingency plans (fires, spills, etc.).
* Facilitation and execution of risk prevention activities to include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, fires, ergonomic assessments or other unsafe conditions.
* Other duties related to site safety and health programs as directed by the Leadership Team.
* Coordinates Company environmental policies in accordance with all existing and new State/EPA Laws and Regulations.
* Facilitates and coordinates all activities associated with the Company (employee) Safety Incentive Program.
* Works with Facilities Manager to budget for appropriate service companies to provide maintenance, repairs and replacement of company fire protection equipment as needed, i.e., fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems; etc.
* Prepares/Updates Company Emergency Response Contingency Plan as related to fire, accidental hazardous waste spills and emergency incidents. Contingency Plan must be produced upon request (Police, fire and/or hospital personnel) and EPA.
* Selects, trains, and assigns all duties/responsibilities to PECOFacet Fire Response Team. Coordinates all activities and reports to management relating to incidents of fire or associated emergency response.
* Maintains/updates Corporate Master MSDS File List. Orders/provides/receives MSDSs from manufacturers. Coordinates/assigns MSDSs and updates all departments having needs for hazard communication. Schedules training as needed on new inventory/materials, etc
* Maintains Corporate waste manifest as per (EPA).
* Submits all paperwork and waste summary totals (annually) to the appropriate state agencies. Ensures compliance with standards and documents results. Maintains criteria/information based on the PECOFacet Source Reduction and Waste Minimization Plan. Updates minimization reports and submits document identification and certification numbers and reports as requested annually.
* Conducts and administers Corporate activities related to permits and program development pertaining to National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System upon request from appropriate governing agencies.
* Evaluates criteria and approves need for renewal of environmental permits and registration numbers. Maintain all documentation and correspondence letters.
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The minimum qualifications required include, but may not be limited to, the following:
* At least 5-7-years experience in the required fields; with at least 3-years in a supervisory/managerial role; and plus filling a safety role in a manufacturing environment.
* High level skills with Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to negotiate.
* Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, a plus.
* Ability to lead a team and train, counsel, evaluate and mentor subordinates.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, terms and conditions, work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations OSHA 10 & 30 trained.
* Understanding of frequency of occurrence, risk and severity concepts.
* Working knowledge of electrical components and mechanical equipment and machinery.
* Knowledge of safety protection devices and engineering controls.
* Knowledge of Environmental requirements. Knowledge of and experience with local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess sound reasoning skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Safety, Engineering or related technical field. Master s a plus.
* Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.