Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Mineral Wells, TX
The purpose of this position is to lead and direct the design, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, and safety programs for all PECOFacet locations globally. Also, the Manager EHS will develop, implement, administer and monitor all programs necessary to assure compliance with all Occupational Safety and Safety Administration (OSHA), company safety objectives, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and federal and local municipality laws and regulations.
The responsibilities described here are representative of those tasks an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Lead and facilitate activities in relation to CLARCOR Management Safety Council.
* Conduct periodic multi-site EH&S audits, observations, and submit recommendations.
* Development, delivery, and maintenance of all required OSHA written management processes to include recordkeeping requirements per local, state and federal regulations; e.g. lift truck programs, confined space training, contractor orientation, hazard communications; includes the development and delivery of associated training programs.
* Leads/assists in the investigation of all recordable, near miss and first aid incidents. Assures proper root cause investigation, documentation and follow up.
* Develop and conduct safety processes and training which provide ongoing safety awareness, emergency response (tornado and fire response) and safety orientation for new employees.
* Coordinate plant audit processes for equipment inspections, job safety analyses and other accident prevention programs.
* Schedules/coordinates/follow-up and provides guidance on all monthly Employee Safety Committee meetings and any associated safety issues, and quarterly Management Safety Committee meetings.
* Develops and conducts, new Supervisor Orientation Program on Accident Reporting, Accident Investigation, PECOFacet policies on Safety Records/Documentation, and Safety Inspections both weekly and monthly.
* Audits and monitors all work areas for safety hazards and OSHA compliance. Develop/conduct department safety check list. (Weekly monthly). (OSHA-EPA).
* Manage site workmen s compensation and insurance programs.
* Maintain Safety contingency plans (fires, spills, etc.).
* Development and execution of risk prevention activities to include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, fires, ergonomic assessments or other unsafe conditions.
* Other duties related to site safety and health programs as directed by the Leadership Team.
* Develops and implements Company environmental policies in accordance with all existing and new State/EPA Laws and Regulations.
* Develops, implements, Safety Incentive Program.
* Budget/control costs and apply for annual expenditures with management.
* Works with Facilities and Maintenance Manager to budget for appropriate service companies to provide maintenance, repairs and replacement of company fire protection equipment as needed, i.e., fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems; etc. (NFPA - National Fire Protection Association - Rules and Regulations). (OSHA-CFR 1910.159).
* Prepares/Updates Company Emergency Response Contingency Plan as related to fire, accidental hazardous waste spills and emergency incidents. Contingency Plan must be produced upon request (Police, fire and/or hospital personnel) EPA to, CFR 262.34
* Maintains Corporate waste manifest as per local, state and federal regulations.
* Submits all paperwork and waste summary totals (annually) to the appropriate state agencies. Ensures compliance with standards and documents results. Maintains criteria/information based on the PECOFacet Source Reduction and Waste Minimization Plan. Updates minimization reports and submits document identification and certification numbers and reports as requested annually.
* Conducts and administers Corporate activities related to permits and program development pertaining to National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) (EPA-Storm Water Runoff Regulation Act 1991) (Clean Water Act). Coordinate submission of EPA Form 3510-2F (11-90) upon request from appropriate governing agencies.
* Evaluates criteria and approves need for renewal of environmental permits and registration numbers. Maintain all documentation and correspondence letters per regulations. Examples:
o Precursor Chemicals and/or Laboratory Apparatus Permit No. 7839. (Renewal-Annual) (Texas Legislature Senate Bill 29).
o City Ordinance Waste Water Permit No. 00164. (Renewal- Annual) (City of Mineral Wells Ordinance No. 1983-21)
o EPA Hazardous Waste Permit ID No. (Texas-TXD008022725). (Renewal-Annual) (EPA).
o Texas Water Commission Solid Waste Registration No. (TSD-Permit 33792). (Renewal-Annual) (TNRCC-EPA).
o Hazardous Waste (DOT).
o Transportation Reg. No. 060294033012C. (Renewal-Annual) (EPA-DOT) (Title 40, CFR, Part 107, Subpart G, Sections 601-620).
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The minimum qualifications required include, but may not be limited to, the following:
* At least 10-years experience in the required fields; with at least 3-years in a supervisory/managerial role; and plus filling a safety role in a heavy industrial, manufacturing environment.
* High level skills with Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to negotiate.
* Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, a plus.
* Ability to lead a team and train, counsel, evaluate and mentor subordinates.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as local, state and federal regulation contracts, terms and conditions, work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations OSHA 10 & 30 trained.
* Understanding of frequency of occurrence, risk and severity concepts.
* Working knowledge of electrical components and mechanical equipment , machinery and machine guarding.
* Knowledge of safety protection devices and engineering controls.
* Knowledge of Environmental requirements. Knowledge of and experience with local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess sound reasoning skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Safety, Engineering or related technical field. Master s a plus.
* Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.