Environmental Health & Safety - Summer Internship 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Appliances business unit of TE Connectivity is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) summer intern interested in learning more about the role of EHS in a manufacturing environment. The position will be located at our Jonestown, PA manufacturing facility and will report directly to the EHS Leader within the facility.
The EHS Intern will assist with the administration of EHS programs, provide a safe and healthy working environment for personnel, and ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. It is expected that the EHS Intern will support and drive key EHS initiatives at the facility that are essential to achieving TEOA Star Level IV.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assists EHS Manager with the implementation of safety and health initiatives and required written documentation. Assist in the development of various programs, policies, procedures and associated training materials.
* Works closely in a team environment with the EHS Manager and Management Team to achieve overall business objectives pertaining to Environmental Health and Safety.
* Analyze EHS Data for insights on how to support performance improvement
* Perform tasks in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and TE EHS policies and procedures.
* A current junior or senior attending an accredited institution, majoring in an engineering or safety-based degree program (BA or BS)
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 in Major Field of Study
* Basic understanding of risk assessment and EHS theories recommended
* Eligible candidates must be available from May 2017 through August 2017
* Demonstration of our Core Values in every day work environment: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork & Innovation
* Ability to successfully communicate across all levels and functions within the organization and facility
* Ability to work independently of others as well as in a team setting
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Willing to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
TE Connectivity s summer internship program consists of a 12 14 week program including various interactions with senior management and other interns cross-functionally. TE Connectivity offers an opportunity to contribute and lead various projects in a global, fast-paced environment.