Environmental, Health, and Safety Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/8/2017
TE Connectivity has an EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) summer internship available in Greensboro, NC. This position will be within the Automotive Business Unit and will be based at our manufacturing sites.
The Greensboro campus has two of only five sites in all of North Carolina who have received the both prestigious recognitions of Environmental Stewards by the North Carolina Division of Environment and Quality (NC DEQ) and as Carolina Star Site from the North Carolina Department of Labor (NCDOL). Working with the local team will expose the ideal candidate to the most progressive methods for environmental, health and safety management but will also allow the candidate to network with other industries that have been identified as the best in the State, alongside other Steward and Star sites.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assist with developing EH&S training programs, incident investigations, machine guarding assessments and/or ergonomic analyses
* Participate in first and second party audits of the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
* Emergency Preparedness- identification of evacuation coordinators, revise emergency response floor plans and conduct drills
* Data gathering for Energy Savings Opportunities within manufacturing operations
* Dosimetry testing and mapping
* The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented sophomore or junior currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health & Safety, Environmental Health Sciences, Industrial Hygiene or related field and who meets the following qualifications:
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Previous experience in an environmental, health or safety role within a manufacturing environment
* Must be a dynamic team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Basic understanding of OSHA and/or EPA regulations, preferred