Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION TITLE: Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor
NATURE OF WORK: Oversees all aspects of the EH&S department. Ensures that the plant stays within all regulatory limits pertaining to the handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste water, solid waste and air emissions. Manages the activities of the EH & S team and is responsible for staffing decisions, training & development and performance management of the staff. Oversees the development, planning and implementation of environmental health and safety policies. Responsible for generating and submitting numerous reports to be filed with various governmental agencies. Oversees all aspects of loading and off loading of virgin and waste chemistry. Oversees chemistry review process looking for harmful constituents as well as determining appropriate and compliant means of disposal. Responsible for compliance with the environmental management component of ISO 14001 certification.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE, BUT MAY NOT BE LIMITED TO:
* Overseeing and ensuring compliance with federal regulations regarding hazardous chemical and other emergency response teams
* Ensuring exceptional industrial hygiene by supervising and executing activities such as: physical air monitoring, radiation monitoring, laser safety measures and health related training.
* Ensuring that any and all physical safety, environmental or other risks to employees are mitigated immediately
* Ground water sub/slab depressurization vapor intrusion oversight
* Environmental testing for compliance with State, Federal, and local requirements
* Hearing conservation
* Ambient air testing (air flows, cleanliness, respirator protection program, safety analysis, and general training such as LOTO, Confined Space, HazComm and NFPA 70E)
* Overseeing all activities pertaining to: Facility wide safety training (HIT Team, fire extinguisher, chemical awareness and handling, respirator and fit test, LOTO and confined space)
* PPE, Job safety analysis
* Accident investigations and/or OSHA matters
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, A CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS, AND DEMONSTRATE, THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree in Chemical Engineering (Or similar, related degree)
* Minimum of 5 years directly related experience with a high volume generator of hazardous waste
* Solid knowledge of, and experience with, reporting requirements associated with the position
* Must be familiar with RCRA, CWA and CAA
* Strong ability to tactfully communicate with all levels within a manufacturing facility
In exchange for your expertise, hard work and dedication, Sanmina-SCI Corporation offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits plan, a highly professional work environment and the ability to grow professionally alongside some of the very best people in our business!
If you possess the above mentioned skills, education and experience, and are ready to join a fast paced, exciting company, then we encourage you to submit your qualifications today!
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.