Environmental Laborer/Equipment Operator 8/30/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Arcadis is seeking a dedicated laborer to join our Arcadis FieldTech Solutions (AFS), LLC group, which is Arcadis new entity for hiring field services craft personnel for our construction and field projects across the nation. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
* Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards
* Load or unload building materials to be used in construction
* Build or take apart bracing, scaffolding, and temporary structures
* Dig trenches, backfill holes, or compact earth to prepare for construction
* Operate or tend equipment and machines used in construction
* Help craft workers with their duties
* Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers
* Assist in building structures for residential, business, and construction sites.
* Participate in demolitions.
* Work underground in tunnels and sewer systems.
* Remove trees and debris.
* Service machines, including pumps, compressors, generators, tractors, and trailers.
* Mix concrete.
* Pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, or plaster.
* Install traffic control devices.
* Clear and prepare highway work zones.
* Install sewer, water, and storm drainpipes.
* Pour concrete and asphalt onto roads.
* Operate laser guidance equipment to place pipes.
* Operate air, electric, and pneumatic drills.
* Remove hazardous materials.
* Drive and operator a water truck on construction sites as directed.
* Operate pavement breakers; jackhammers; earth tampers; concrete, mortar, and plaster mixers
* Survey and measure equipment.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Valid Driver s License (clean)
* 1-5 years experience in the field of construction
* Ability to perform physical labor and lift 50 pounds
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* OSHA 40 Hour and updated 8 Hour Refresher training
* 30 Hour Construction Safety
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.