Environmental Permitting Specialist 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Our Environmental team is looking for a Permitting Specialist to join our group in Iselin, NJ
* Provide environmental permitting support for Projects including draft, submit, and process permit applications and correspondence, regulations, etc. as needed,
* Maintain database information related to permit planning, submission and tracking including permit compliance conditions.
* Provide support services to track and coordinate deadlines, meetings, and on-site meetings as they relate to the permitting process. Coordinate and follow up on permitting between Project Managers, clients, and regulatory agencies.
* Prepare permit schedules and cost estimates.
* Oversee the reference files on regulatory changes, permitting requirements, and resource materials. Keep current with regulatory information.
* Meet with regulatory agencies and attend public meetings as appropriate.
* Analyze and track new changes to the environmental industry applicable to operations and ensure new regulations are incorporated into procedures.
* 5 to 10 years experience in various types of Environmental permitting and studies for transportation and infrastructure projects.
* Experience with preparation of NEPA, SEQRA/CEQR, EO215, Waterfront Development/CAFRA, NYC WRP consistency, and other related studies/assessments
* Knowledge or experience with State and Federal SPDES, SPCC, stormwater, hazardous materials permitting and other related compliance permits and approvals.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* GIS and CAD skills a plus.
* Ability to maintain project scheduling and coordination for multiple projects.
* Bachelors/Masters Degree in Engineering or Geology/Environmental/Natural Science required..