- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Environmental Policy Analyst
ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking an Environmental Policy Analyst to work in our Washington, DC office.
The US Coast Guard (USCG) Bridge Program is experiencing an increase in bridge permit applications nationwide for projects funded by various Federal stimulus packages and state accelerated bridge programs and as a result of aging infrastructure issues nationwide.
A staff member is needed at the USCG Headquarters in Washington, DC to conduct reviews of environmental documentation associated with applications to construct new, or modify existing, bridges across navigable waters of the US. The staff member will be working from the USCG facility, and will review packages, including permit pre-applications, case files, and major project reviews. The staff member will be required to ensure the environmental documentation adequately addresses the requirements of all applicable environmental, historical, and socio-economic laws and regulations. Subjects that may pertain to the environmental documentation being reviewed include air quality, noise, water quality, threatened and endangered species, coastal zone management, wetlands, marine mammals, migratory birds, essential fish habitat, historic and cultural resources, floodplains, wild and scenic rivers, relocations, and environmental justice.
The staff member will need to summarize any deficiencies or errors found in the environmental documentation submitted with the bridge applications with regard to the adequacy of documents in meeting the requirements of NEPA and the CEQ NEPA regulations at 40 CFR Part 1500-1508 and all other applicable environmental laws, Executive Orders, and regulations. Environmental documents that will need to be reviewed include environmental impact statements, environmental assessments, records of decision, findings of no significant impact, categorical exclusion determinations, biological assessments and biological opinions, wetlands findings, memoranda of understanding/agreement, water quality certifications, coastal zone management consistency determinations, expertise agency correspondence, and Clean Air Act conformity determinations.
Current or prior possession of a CAC is highly desired.
* Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Policy, or related discipline
* Three years of experience reviewing and drafting National Environmental Policy Act documentation.
* Experience reviewing environmental documentation for transportation projects involving impacts related to the Coastal Zone Management Act, Water Quality Certifications, wetlands, Endangered Species Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, Clean Air Act, and National Historic Preservation Act.
* Familiarity with state Department of Transportation permitting procedures.
* Working knowledge of Water Quality Certification procedures. Experience writing Records of Decisions, FONSIs, and Categorical Exclusion Determinations.
* Background in transportation projects, particularly bridge projects, is desirable.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.