This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Supports the Department by participating in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs that address regulatory compliance, trade compliance and overall sustainability of Steelcase products and facilities.
More specifically, supports the Principal Scientist in the Department evaluate and facilitate the compliance of products and processes to chemical laws and regulations through:
* Tracking and reviewing of global chemical regulations & laws
* Implementation of a data gathering strategy and data management system for products, materials, and process chemicals, and
* Integration of the compliance system with existing sustainability, environmental, and trade compliance systems to create a common chemical data platform supported by a coordinated, centralized data management system and process.
* Communicate compliance requirements to other functional areas, including Supply Chain, Material Innovation & Exploration, New Product Development & Launch, Product Life Cycle Management, and Global Sustainability.
* Proven ability to understand and communicate complex technical content related to material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, environmental health & safety (EHS), chemical regulations, and sustainability,
* Proven proficiency in management systems, including document control, data quality objectives and assurance procedures
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
* Excellent computer and data systems skills involving: spreadsheets, data management, SAP and other Steelcase ERP and engineering systems (e.g., Windchill), cloud-based collaborative software (e.g. Google drive, One Drive, SharePoint, project management tools), compliance software platforms, and other (e.g. statistical software, process flow diagrams etc.)
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deliverables.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to represent Steelcase on complex issues to external (and internal) audiences.
* Project development and management ability.
* Ability to manage internal and external relationships.
* BS or BA in a related technical field, with preference for chemistry, chemical engineering, material science or product data analytics / management.
* Master's degree preferred
* Minimum five years of work experience on technical compliance and sustainability issues with emphasis on the material science, chemistry or data analytics / product data management of consumer products.