This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/21/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis person will be responsible for performing environmental tasks to ensure efficient and accurate project development and construction, environmental permitting and reporting, and compliance with the various Federal, state and local environmental regulatory permits, conditions, and requirements in-support of pipeline and facility development projects.
The location of this position may be in either Houston OR Dallas. This is yet to be determined.
Candidate must be familiar with environmental designs and specifications, and environmental requirements/regulations to develop and operate pipeline facilities. Familiar with the various applicable Federal, state and local environmental laws, regulations, codes and standards and permits required to develop, construct and operate pipeline facilities, including but not limited to: the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Water Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Air Act, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission policies and procedures, the Natural Gas Act, state and/or local water permits for hydrostatic testing and emergency environmental response planning, techniques and reporting. The position will:
- Assist the engineering and environmental project managers with accomplishing various tasks related to environmental permitting, construction inspection and participating in and overseeing environmental information documentation to facilitate the development or construction of a pipeline facility.
- Draft, monitor, audit, train and prepare reports to ensure compliance with environmental permit conditions and mitigation measures required by Federal, state and local environmental regulatory permits, site-specific conditions, requirements, or other authorizing documents.
- Conduct, collect, oversee environmental data collection, permitting, and testing for air, water and waste as required to comply with all Federal, state and local environmental regulations for development permits and adherence to conditions/requirements during construction of pipeline facilities.
- Evaluate and identify Federal, state and local permit requirements and assist in the development and execution of permits and/or strategy.
- Interface with Federal, state and local permitting agencies, including scoping meetings, pre-application meetings, field visits, and environmental inspections.
- Provide environmental representation, training, and support to pipeline construction staff and management.
- Work closely and continuously with Environmental Project Manager, construction and engineering team to:
- Ensure environmental data collection/testing is completed timely and in-compliance with permit requirements throughout construction,
- Write environmental reports for construction projects
- Weekly and monthly reports for FERC reporting during construction, as required by state regulation/certificate for non-FERC projects.
- Assist in the development of tracking systems for permits for project team,
- Apply for and renew environmental permits as needed throughout construction.
- Provide updates of environmental permitting activities as required to project teams and management.
- Conduct environmental inspection training programs as requested and for construction projects
- Bachelor Degree, Master's Degree preferred in Applied Science, Engineering, or other equivalent education.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in environmental permitting and compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Environmental and Regulatory permitting with local, state and federal government agencies for gas and liquid pipeline facilities.
- Exceptional administrative skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer savvy, Microsoft Office Suite consisting of Word, Excel, Project PowerPoint, as well as Adobe, Google Earth and/or GIS.
- Valid driver's license.
Interpersonal skills - high degree of interaction with a variety of groups from field construction personnel, vendors and internal personnel (engineering, operations, management), team-oriented and self-directed. Has the ability to be proactive rather than reactive.
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications