This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONKleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions
We are seeking a full-time Environmental Scientist to join our Raleigh, NC office.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of natural resource assessment and regulatory permitting in the southeastern United States, especially North Carolina. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to support the following branches of Kleinfelder's Environmental Practice:
* Environmental Planning & Permitting
* Ecological Field Assessment
* Site Assessment & Remediation
* Environmental Compliance
This full-time position is ideal for an ambitious, motivated environmental professional having broad experience in the disciplines of environmental science and/or the ambition to learn new skills.
The following credentials / skills / experience are required:
* Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology, geology, or related discipline
* 5-8 years of professional experience in environmental sciences or natural resources
* Ability to autonomously delineate jurisdictional wetlands and surface waters
* Strong botanical identification skills and experience with vegetative sampling techniques
* Regulatory / permitting experience in one or more southeastern states (North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, Alabama)
* Wetland and surface water functional quality assessment
* Strong statistical / data management / computational skills
* Strong technical writing skills, organization, and verbal communication
* Interest in a variety of environmental science disciplines, and aptitude to learn new skills
* Ability to travel (day trips and overnight) across the southeastern United States
* Clear driving record
One or more of the following credentials / skills / experience is preferred:
* Master's degree in environmental science or related discipline
* Threatened and Endangered species surveys
* Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
* Use of GIS and GPS
* Previous employment as a consultant
This position is a great opportunity for motivated self-starters and energetic professionals who thrive on technical diversity. This position offers opportunity for future leadership and professional growth.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)