Environmental Senior Advisor (2733)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Environmental Senior Advisor determines all environmental permitting and licensing requirements to include the associated costs, schedule and resources needed to conceive new business development projects in the US and Canada. Provide direct oversight of corporate and plant level compliance assurance management programs, policies, procedures and processes in support of the companys environmental strategic objectives.
Essential Job Functions
* Manage and coordinate the environmental permitting, licensing and compliance assurance requirements for wind, solar, battery storage, gas fired power generation and combined heat and power assets.
* Accountable for compliance with all applicable environmental and permitting requirements for projects during development, construction and operations.
* Responsible for scoping, contracting and managing consultants and contractors for permitting, environmental and regulatory services.
* Create and maintain a Register of Environmental Legislation of all applicable environmental regulations for existing facilities and approved projects.
* Review and track environmental KPIs and develop quarterly and annual reports analyzing trends and developing environmental objectives and targets to meet company environmental goals.
* Conduct environmental risk assessments through the due diligence and audit process for existing facilities and potential new development project sites and acquisition opportunities taking into consideration permitting/licensing, air/water/waste/hazmat compliance history, process safety management systems and emergency response containment strategies and remediation as applicable.
* Assess company environmental tools, processes and management systems and determine the level of organizational maturity. Develop a strategy that will lead to a self-directed culture.
* Provide engineering technical advisement to senior legal counsel when required to accurately interpret regulatory rules for compliance.
* Present solution alternatives when project issues arise and advise the Companys executive management in clear, concise content and format in order to facilitate sound and timely decisions.
* Develop close working relations with federal, state and local environmental protection agencies, influencing an outcome based approach to legislative regulation interpretation and implementation.
* Create a service organization among all regional environmental advisors and managers to meet the permitting and licensing needs of Business Development in cost, schedule and activity coordination.
* Collaborate among consultants, contractors, plant and corporate personnel to leverage their array of expertise when providing technical service in support of new projects and existing assets.
* Share subject matter expertise across the international regions by leveraging the knowledge management platform in order to capitalize on environmental sustainability initiatives, strengthening the learning continuum.
* Become a team leader of all regional environmental advisors and managers and assist the Regulatory Compliance Director in their professional growth and development.
* Manage relationships between partners, suppliers, government bodies, contractors and communities regarding environmental matters.
* Develop and conduct training programs throughout multiple business units to inculcate a culture of environmental stewardship.
* Track current and pending legislative requirements and advise senior management of projected impacts to development activities.
* Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedures. .
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Exhibit subject matter expertise in air emissions, pollution discharge elimination systems, solid and hazardous/non-hazardous waste management, stormwater pollution and oil spill prevention, storage tank integrity, hazardous substance communication and control, wetlands and wildlife preservation and environmental emergency response and remediation requirements.
* Exhibit mastery of root cause failure analysis tools and their application for noncompliance events.
* Possess superior verbal, written, interpersonal and public speaking communication skills when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders, to include media relations.
* Exhibit high levels of emotional intelligence as a team leader in the development and implementation of an environmental sustainability strategy.
* Proficient in database management, modeling and analyses in direct support of essential job functions.
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Ability to work around and with hazardous chemicals, taking all required precautions to ensure evolutions are completed safely and without injury.
* Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and enter confined spaces as required to complete environmental audits and due diligence tasks.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or Environmental Science/Studies required, Masters degree or equivalent professional license preferred.
* A minimum of ten (10) years of operational and managerial experience in an environmental compliance and business development role within the energy sector,
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.