Environmental Services Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: The EVS Associate performs daily cleaning tasks in patient areas, office, public, and/or other non-patient areas. This includes daily cleaning, equipment cleaning and project cleaning in an assigned area. Responsible as a member of the healthcare team for respectful and compassionate communication and interaction with our customers.
* Performs multiple step cleaning procedure, daily cleaning, discharge cleaning, discharge bed making, O.R. cleaning, between case cleaning, upholstery, wall, and glass care. Continues work from previous shift, reports all incomplete assignments and maintenance issues. Performs floor and carpet care techniques, such as carpet bonneting and extracting.
* Responds to stat orders such as discharges, spills, floods, and all hospital-wide emergency drills. Cleans up all organic body waste (i.e. blood, feces, sputum, and urine). Cleans patient equipment including: IV poles, commodes, monitors and cables, specialty equipment, stretchers, wheel chairs, and cardiac chairs. Assists in moves, special set-ups and any other occasion as needed.
* Reports observed hazards within the immediate physical environment to the appropriate personnel. Adheres to Infection Control, Safety, and Environmental/Transport Department policies and procedures. Demonstrates ability to respond appropriately to internal and external disaster drills. Participates in departmental training activities and meetings.
* Uses department procedures in preparation and selection of cleaning solutions.Reports low supply of inventory to supervisor and/or team leader. Signs equipment in and out of designated storage areas. Keeps housekeeping cart clean, stocked and orderly. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to supervisor and/or team leader. Delivers soiled mops, cleaning cloths, and linen to designated area.
* Collects solid and contaminated waste. Seals boxes used for contaminated waste in the area where the waste is generated. Delivers boxes after sealing to the designated areas and delivers it to the compactor area.
* High School diploma or GED required .
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
This position is every weekend (Saturday and Sunday), every holiday 3pm-11:30pm, 16 hours a week. Our hospital s appearance is our first opportunity to make an impression on patients and visitors. We help BIDMC and our patients by providing a clean and healthy environment in which to heal. Hospital Environmental Services is about more than just cleanliness. From patient satisfaction programs to improve HCAHPS scores to efficient patient throughput solutions speeding discharges and maximizing revenues, our environmental services team is focused on the top challenges that we face: * Ensuring consistently high levels of cleanliness * Raising patient and staff satisfaction * Employing environmentally conscious cleaning practices * Preventing hospital-acquired infections * Raising HCAHPS scores We provide cleaning services including routine cleaning and special project work. Our goal is to create an inviting and professional environment, consistently exceeding regulatory standards and patient/staff expectations through our responsive EVS team and our highly efficient processes.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf