Environmental Services Associate - Maine Medical Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
* Summary of Position Description
This position requires someone who wants to be part of a team. Team members have a pleasant personality, positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service. Customer service begins by working closely with their leaders and teammates, to ensure that standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area of the hospital. All interactions with staff, patients and family are carried out with high regard for respect and confidentiality.This position performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital. This position may also perform Utility Work, Runner Work, and Waste Removal. The person in this position must be aware that their work takes place in a variety of difficult and demanding patient settings. This may include working in or with material from precaution rooms which are required to protect the employee and the patient from highly communicable illnesses. This job requires the working with your hands to clean, standing on your feet for an extended period of time. Wearing of protective equipment is a requirement of this job, such as gloves, gown and mask. This employee must be flexible in job assignments, schedule will require weekend and holiday scheduled work.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* A High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
* The ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service 100% of the time. The ability to learn the skills required to clean in an occupied healthcare environment.
* The ability to learn cleaning tasks involving multiple steps and a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and chemicals.
* The ability to wear a uniform, protective equipment to include safety glasses, gloves, masks and cover gowns. The ability to work with cleaning chemicals to include disinfectants, and bleach.
* Ability to work independently without direct supervision. The ability to read, write and communicate in English, and basic use of a computer are job requirements.
Environmental Services Associate Maine Medical Center