Environmental Services Technician - Hospital Hill (Evenings)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The primary responsibility of the Environmental Services Technician is to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition. The ES Tech moves furniture, equipment, and supplies, in and around hospital departments;cleans and services the building areas according to established policies and procedures. The ES Tech must be able to demonstrate professional communication skills, including speaking, listening, reading, and writing while communicating with patients, customers, and fellow co-workers; as well as have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions. The Environmental Services Technician is expected to greet all customers in a friendly outgoing manner.
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and visitors.
* Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50lbs on a consistent basis - sometimes additional weight on an infrequent basis.
* Ability to correctly operate electric and battery powered floor care equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* Ability to read and understand labeling directions on various cleaning chemicals in order to know contents and first aid instructions.
Preferred Qualifications * Experience in a health care environment.
* Six months experience in institutional housekeeping work.
3:00PM - 11:30PM