Environmental Services Shift Manager - Hospital Hill (Evenings)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Directs the day-to-day operational needs of the Environmental Services department to include the effective leadership and management of the frontline team members. Prepares the daily, weekly work schedules in concert with the identified operational needs for the shift. Supervises the work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure a clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of Truman Medical Centers. Work closely with the system training coordinator in the selection and retention of competent team members. Complete and assist with feedback as needed relative to the evaluation and performance improvement process to include, re-training, coaching and mentoring, and formal coaching sessions. Work with the operation manager in developing and implementing departmental policy and standards in conjunction with the Assistant Director/Director s oversight, and approval.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. High school diploma
2. Must be highly motivated with a passion for service
3. Demonstrated self-starter with skills in facilitating problem solving, motivating individuals and groups, and teaching/coaching others.
4. Minimum of two five years relevant management experience
5. Experience working with all levels of staff and management, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
6. Must be PC literate with background in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
7. Good verbal communication skills, required to assist with the development of policies and procedures, work schedules, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement activities.
8. Excellent organizational skills
Associates Degree in business field
One year project management, leadership, supervisory or management experience preferred.
4:00PM - 12:30AM