This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Environmental Specialist develops and implements environmental programs in response to corporate needs.
* Manages hydraulic lift removal and underground storage tank removal projects and the subsequent remediation projects by using qualified environmental consultants and contractors.
* Reviews technical report/document drafts for accuracy and completeness prior to agency submittal.
* Provides technical support for environmental due diligence activities during real estate transactions.
* Assist in maintaining environmental database information for company review.
* Answer questions from facilities and other corporate departments regarding environmental risks.
* Manages and handles emergency spill response situations.
* Develops and implements environmental programs in response to corporate needs.
* Ideal candidate will have 3-7 years of remediation and environmental due diligence project experience.
* Self-motivated to handle numerous programs and projects with minimal supervision.
* Able to work with technical specifications and read blueprints.
* Understand and can research complex environmental regulations.
* Able to understand and convey environmental risk upon review of environmental documents.
Minimum Education level required to perform job duties:
* Bachelors Degree in an environmental technical area required.EEO EMPLOYER