Epic Beaker Application Coordinator 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Optomi, in partnership with one of the nation's leading and most innovate healthcare organizations, is seeking an Epic Beaker Application Coordinator for their Charlotte, NC location.
The Application Coordinator will serve as the primary contact in the development and functionality rollout of the Epic Care system/application. They provide consultation and coordinate design/build/testing/go-live activities for the Inpatient EMR.
APPLY TODAY IF YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
* Certified in Epic Beaker.
* A deep understanding of the inpatient clinical care setting and workflows associated with Laboratory and Anatomic Pathology departments
* Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and manage a project plan
* Ability to develop, document and ensure adherence to technical standards
* Ability to understand customer requirements and the impact on technical/functional performance of the application
* The ability and interest to learn the software and increase knowledge over time
* Eagerness to learn the system and promote it within the organization
* Operational experience in a clinical setting
* Experience - Anatomic Pathology
* Experienced work experience and use of EMR system and familiarity with workflows and integration points in the areas of: Anatomic Pathology care setting, Requisitioning, Orders and results routing, Specimen collection processes/procedures, Clinical documentation processes.
* Beaker Anatomic Pathology application experience
* Familiarity with Anatomic Pathology equipment/analyzers and integration
WHAT THE RIGHT PROFESSIONAL WILL ENJOY:
* Will support and pay for your EPIC CERTIFICATION!!
* Work with brand new and existing Epic Go-Lives as well as work in a collaborative environment.
* Willing to teach and mentor you in the EPIC Systems if you do not have experience in EPIC.
* Work for a not-for-profit that is dedicated to giving back, community service and making the world a better place.
* Acting as the primary contact for the Epic Care Anatomic Pathology module for all phases of the system development life cycle
* Attending required training/certification programs as required by EPIC to obtain foundational system knowledge and competency
* Serving as a liaison between end users, third parties, and Epic implementation staff to ensure the system meets the organization's business needs
* Performing in-depth analysis and documentation of current state/future state workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical requirements associated with Epic software
* Understanding the choices involved in application configuration
* Investigate end users' preference while making build decisions and analyzing business operations as they relate to build decisions
* Setting standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications using the Epic Style Guide for Master File Naming and Numbering Conventions
* Populating databases during the initial system build with assistance from Epic
* Prioritizing and implementing requested changes to the system
* Application testing scenario development, execution, and remediation to ensure system functionality and integration with other applications/systems as appropriate
* Ensuring that data coming across an interface into the Epic application meets the business need
* Troubleshooting problems and questions from end users
* Working with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports.