Epic HCC Solution Manager, Optimization
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
The Advisory Board Company
Epic HCC Solution Manager, Optimization
Consulting & Management
Share | |Email this job
EPIC HCC SOLUTION MANAGER, OPTIMIZATION *LI
Advisory Board Consulting
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Clinovations is a clinically-oriented health IT consulting group within the Advisory Board s Consulting and Management Division. We pair technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical, operational, patient experience, and financial return from their technology investments.
Our holistic approach to EHR optimization includes technical solutions, stakeholder engagement and education, clinical/operational workflow redesign, and reporting capabilities to help health systems prepare for and thrive under value-based and risk-based models by focusing on three constituencies critical to care delivery: providers and their care teams, patients, and payers.
The Epic HCC Solution Manager is a role in which, in partnership, with Optimization Leadership and Clinical Leadership, guides and manages the ongoing development, delivery, and enhancement of the Epic based HCC solution. In this role, the Epic HCC Solution Manager facilitates, coordinates, and performs activities to maintain the highest quality solution design and management.
The Epic HCC Solution Manager will partner with the HCC Performance Manager to coordinate activities across solution delivery and ongoing enhancement development. This position will report (operationally) to the Optimization Service Line Leaders.
Solution Development and Enhancement
- Lead and facilitate Epic HCC build calls
- Lead and manage the product development process
- Manage the creation of standardized build documentation and standard operating procedures for HCC Solution Epic build and maintenance
- Create and maintain project toolkit for standardized, best practice delivery of the HCC Solution product
- Lead development of version updates to enhance user experience and comply with all Federal healthcare program updates.
- Monitor risk adjustment related news and Federal Healthcare Program releases, including new laws, regulations, and guidance for HCC and other risk adjustment methodologies.
- Lead and participate in development and refinement of Epic HCC marketing materials, collateral, and internal educational materials
- Participate in HCC sales and marketing calls as available
Reporting and Performance Monitoring
- Oversee on-site and off-site assessments and consulting services for a portfolio of clients, including ongoing education on the optimization solutions implemented;
- Present to senior level clients and foster relationships with client executive teams;
- Collaborate with the Optimization Performance Manager to design and guide development team to create monthly performance dashboards at the system, practice and physician level;
- Collaborate with the Optimization Performance Manager to conduct or oversee monthly performance meetings with client leadership and key stakeholders;
- Participate in monthly consultations focused on tactical guidance, workflow optimization strategies and analytics to achieve ongoing solution success.
- Analyze institutions operational, clinical, and/or financial performance as it relates to the optimization initiative;
- Diagnose issues, identify root causes, and drive change management initiatives;
- Provide action plans for areas where performance is not tracking to target;
- Understand basic functionality of the EHR build and develop expertise in solution offerings.
- Set and execute against project milestones;
- Provide regular status updates to Solution Lead;
- Identify potential issues that will impede success and recommend corrective action plans.
- Provide insight and guidance to the Optimization Performance Manager who will supervise the HCC Solution Phase 3 team on development and management of ongoing performance monitoring
- Provide oversight and guidance for delivery of all HCC Solution implementations
- Produce and deliver monthly formal and informal updates to leadership
- Participate in budget development process for the Epic HCC solution
- Participate in the planning and activities related to staff development and additional recruitment of staff
- Possess 5+ years of experience in at least three of the following:
- Consulting experience in a healthcare setting
- Client management experience
- Project management experience
- Solution or program management experience
- Experience presenting to senior executive level audiences
- Demonstrable analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solving
- Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects and relationships
- Proven ability to manage projects independently
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel at least 40% domestically
- Valid driver s license
- Master s Degree in a health or business related field
- Epic EHR experience
- Hospital or ambulatory operations experience (e.g. fellowships, residencies, full-time employment)
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+