Epitaxy Process Engineer 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description and Responsibilities
* Support Molecular Beam Epitaxy and Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition process engineering activities on multiple VG-Semicon V-100 and Aixtron 2600 multi-wafer reactors for high power laser applications
* Collaborate with cross functional engineering and manufacturing operations team to support epitaxy reactors, wafer metrology tools, and related wafer fabrication equipment
* Provide primary ownership of all reactor growth recipes, tool qualification sequences, calibration monitors, and wafer characterization protocols for new and existing products
* Support yield and uptime improvement activities for ongoing wafer production including best practice adoption, custom hardware development, and tool automation
* Interact closely with chip design and fab process engineers to develop novel edge and surface emitting laser devices, matching product requirements to tool capabilities
* Support implementation of new manufacturing execution system (MES) software, to improve tracking of production materials and inventory; help define system requirements and support migration away from legacy systems
* Generate and update product specifications and procedures to ensure ISO compliance
* Perform hazardous reactor maintenance activities and reactor troubleshooting as required. The ideal candidate will be willing to support reactor maintenance activities using a supplied air respirator and serve on the emergency response team.
* Work in a cleanroom environment and adhere to good manufacturing practices.
Education and Work Experience
* MS, or PhD in physics, electrical or chemical engineering, or BS in physics, electrical or chemical engineering plus 7 years of work experience
* 7 years of experience with VG Semicon MBE or Aixtron 2600G3 MOCVD epitaxy reactors, with a minimum of 3 years of direct experience with multi-wafer reactors. Experience with MBE and MOCVD reactors preferred.
* 5 years of epitaxy experience with GaAs and InP III/V semiconductor materials, including derivatives of AlGaInP and InGaAsP based materials
* 3 years of experience with design and fabrication of high power laser diodes and external cavity vertical surface emitting lasers
* Strong understanding of laser physics theory, wafer fabrication and packaging technologies, and device reliability
* Hands on experience with III metrology tools including PL, XRD, ECV, Hall, TEM, SIMS
* 2 years of experience with SPC, FMEA, DFSS, OCAP preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.