This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
This position will be located in the Prescott, WI area
The purpose for this position is to perform store equipment procurement services within the UNFI Design Services department. Primary responsibility is to work with customers to define equipment needs, provide price quotes/equipment cut sheets and procure the purchasing process. Establish relationships with store equipment manufacturers in compliance with company policy and procedures. Assist the Equipment Specialist on equipment requests as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Purchase store equipment from manufacturers to resell to UNFI customers
* Fields customer inquiries about store equipment. Provides information and options on equipment and sources.
* Provides equipment specifications and quotes to the stores. Places equipment orders for store shelving, bulk fixtures and other necessary store equipment. Helps develop and maintain vendor relationships.
* In design projects, creates store project equipment lists and specification books
* Works with store fixture plans developed from USD Store Designers
* Helps build the USD equipment knowledge base of preferred manufacturers, which includes the USD library of resources regarding store equipment.
* Maintains data information, files, reports and confidential cost information with established policies and audit guidelines.
* Performs other tasks as assigned
* High School diploma or GED equivalent with 1 -2 years equivalent related experience in equipment procurement
* General knowledge of profit margins, rebate programs, construction documents.
* Demonstrated understanding of grocery store sales and prep equipment.
* 3-5 years working with manufacturers, customers on their capital expenditures, vendor relations, issuing PO s and following up with shipping information.
System implementation experience is preferred
* Ability to assemble equipment quotes and purchase orders documents.
* Basic CAD (Computer Aided Drafting)
* Must be adept in the use of 2010 MS Outlook, Excel, Word and basic Internet functions.
* Proficient attention to the minor details while looking at the whole picture.
* Strong communication skills both internal and external
* Self-driven and a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.