This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Verizon Wireless Inc.
East Syracuse, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY SKILL REQUIREMENT -
* Network Equipment Engineering
* B.S. Degree or Minimum of 10 years of Telecommunications experience with strong field knowledge.
* In addition, a minimum of 5 years of experience in Equipment Engineering.
Responsible for Engineering and Design of all cell equipment in the Upstate New York markets.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Engineering, provisioning and implementation of Alcatel Lucent eNBs, power plant systems and various antenna systems.
* Track order status in various databases and come prepared to meetings to give updates/ready dates.
* Forecast future cell needs including, but not limited to, base stations, routers, circuit packs, floor space & power.
* Develop and issue planning report for cell sites to be utilized by Region & HQ
* BUDGETING -
* Experience in managing budgets and PeopleSoft skills a plus
* Work closely with Area Planning team and Manager to prepare and review annual budget
* Track all Capital requirements related to the cell sites
* Monitor all equipment expenditures
* Prepare requests for purchase orders and ensure vendor invoicing
* EQUIPMENT PROCUREMENT & OPTIMIZATION-
* Ensure optimum cell equipment engineering
* Coordinate installations with various VZW departments, contractors and installation vendors
* Oversee equipment installation and acceptance
* Create standards documents and ensure vendor compliance
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT-
* Project management skills are needed for this position
* Design, procure and manage construction of new cell sites. Aid in design, procure equipment and manage cell expansions. Candidate must have experience with Alcatel Lucent BTS equipment. In addition, experience and proficiency in PeopleSoft are desired. Must be self-motivated and have ability to complete tasks with little supervision
* Strong Project Management and communication skills with the ability to work closely with team members.