This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:An Equipment Operator is responsible for the daily distribution activities, productivity, and quality within the assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety, quality and productivity performance and operational expertise. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. order filling, shipping, receiving) on a regular basis with 60% or more of work performed using a forklift or PIT.1. Perform loading, unloading and/or picking of product and materials using powered lifting equipment to move product throughout the facility. May operate stock picker, sit down/stand up equipment, reach truck, etc.2. Contribute to a safe work environment through continuous focus on housekeeping and safety.3. Demonstrate a commitment to our company's core values.4. Interact with supervisors, leads, and/or work groups with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.5. Participate in the implementation and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvements to the distribution process in a group setting.6. Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment. Qualifications:* High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred
* Minimum 1 year experience in related field
* Warehouse Experience
* OSHA Certification License
* Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
* Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication)
* Basic computer skills (accessing and navigating the internet; familiar with the keyboard; opening, closing and saving documents)
* Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
* Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
* Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
* Successful completion of Office Depot Forklift Operator licensing program
* Warehouse Systems
* Ability to work a flexible schedule is a plus (start shift early and/or stay until the work is complete)
* Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
* Self-directed Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .