- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling and trading. With over 80 locations, The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE), a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
Metal Recycling Services (MRS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity as a 1st shift Equipment Operator for our Gastonia facility.
1. Operate mobile heavy equipment of various sizes and types (front end loader, skid steer, grapple and magnet material handlers)
2. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures
3. Communicates over radio with team members for traffic coordination, production, and safety procedures
4. Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor
5. Clean equipment as needed
6. Other duties as assigned
1. 2-3 years experience using a front end loader, skid steer or scrap handler in an industrial/outdoor work environment.
2. Knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles
3. Ability to operate equipment under varying working conditions
4. Mechanical background a plus
5. Ability to effectively communicate in English
6. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
7. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
8. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
9. Ability to communicate effectively with others and coordinate work activities as a team
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, paid holidays, bonus potential, 401k match, and other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
Metal Recycling Services is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment. MRS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a . /p