This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
The David J. Joseph Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity for a Shear Operator/Maintenance position for our Sutton (Tampa) Facility.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. Primarily operate stationary shear with ability to read and understand
pressure gauges and error codes.
3. Able to operate other heavy equipment of various sizes and weights including but not limited to loaders, cranes, forklifts, etc.
4. Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor. Daily routine includes shoveling and greasing.
5. Some maintenance on equipment including changing hydraulic hoses, seals, and o-rings.
6. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed.
7. Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment.
2. Minimum of 3 years previous experience operating heavy equipment.
3. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
4. Ability to operate equipment under varying working conditions.
5. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
6. Some maintenance experience required.
7. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
8. Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package to include; Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Bonus Potential & 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
TMR is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
Trademark Metals Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a . /p