- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Equipment Processing Technician is responsible for processing and inspecting medical equipment, including disassembling and reassembling it and processing and managing the associated accessories, in a district office. The Equipment Processing Technician also is responsible for the entry of data associated with these tasks.
KNOWLEDGE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
* Basic computer skills.
* Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
* Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
* Able to stand for long periods of time.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
* Possesses quality orientation with a get it right the first time attitude.
* Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
* Flexible, coachable.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
* Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
* Able to work with very little supervision.
* Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
PRACTICAL SKILLS (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate).
* Completes all paperwork and data entry accurately and in a timely manner.
* Stays up to date on the medical equipment in UHS fleet.
* Cleans and inspects medical equipment for functionality, following approved written procedures.
* Demonstrates attention to details.
* Ships and receives medical equipment and supplies.
* Assists with inventory management.
* Performs other assigned duties.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Houston - District site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Hollywood - Hospital site
Equipment Processor I
Universal Hospital Services