Equipment Tech II 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Equipment Technician based in Pecos, Texas.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the operation, surveillance, and troubleshooting of oilfield surface equipment. Candidates must be able to relieve other Production Technicians, respond to callouts and work assigned weekends. The work schedule will be a 7 on 7 off rotation. Responsibilities will also include the following:
* Validating and inputting production and injection data
* Performing preventative maintenance, minor maintenance, and minor repairs on equipment
* Reporting spills and leaks
* Initiating process for major equipment repairs
* Serving as a company representative for the sale of oil, gas, and condensate
* Coordinating abandonment of facilities
* 3-5 years oilfield experience preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors & the public
* Demonstrated strong commitment to safety (personal safety, co-workers, contractors and the public
* Experience working with high speed engines, Caterpillar a plus
* Must have valid driver s license and an excellent driving record
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Thorough knowledge of surface equipment types and applications
* Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform root cause failure analysis
* Ability to repair minor mechanical problems
* Ability to perform preventative maintenance and to participate in root cause failure analysis
* Capable of basic troubleshooting of automation and electrical equipment
* Capable of repairing some equipment such as actuators & level alarms and changing out fuses, relays, etc.
Competent in computer programs applicable to his/her daily work processes (Microsoft programs, LOWIS)
* High School Graduate or G.E.D.
* Oilfield operations experience preferred
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status