Equipment Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - Winston-Salem, NC
Work Schedule - 7 AM to 7 PM ( 3 days on 4 days off 4 days on 3 days off) for training for approximately 35- 40 weeks and then most likely move to night shift (7 PM to 7AM).
Must be flexible to work overtime if required.
Must be willing to work in the weekends and holidays if required.
Responsible for preventative maintenance troubleshooting, repair, design, fabrication, installation, and start-up of equipment throughout the plant. Includes machines in all departments as well as automation, electronic controls, and all support equipment. See below for specific details.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose for the Maintenance Technician position at the Winston Cable Plant is to minimize machine downtime, increase efficiency, and reduce cost through planned maintenance and prompt response to unplanned maintenance requests on the production equipment used to produce fiber optic cables.
Experience & Education:
Any of the following qualifies
* Two-year associate from an accredited college or a technical degree from a community college
* At least four-years of experience in maintenance at an industrial manufacturing environment with high school diploma or GED
* Military background with maintenance and technical experience
* Perform root cause analysis of breakdowns and implement corrective actions
* Prepare written maintenance instructions, records, and procedures
* Maintain accurate and timely records in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), TabWare
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment
* Perform preventive maintenance tasks
* Perform tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor/Coordinator
* Strong and systematic analytical and troubleshooting skills
* In depth understanding of electrical and mechanical principles
* Thorough working knowledge of electrical, mechanical systems
* Experience with LOTO and electrical safety
* Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
* Experience in the use of hand tools, precision measuring equipment, and machine shop equipment
* Good communication skills
* Accuracy, attention to details, and strong organizational skills
* Ability to react positively to rapidly changing priorities
* Capable of independently managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people
* Demonstrated initiative and an eagerness to drive continuous improvement
Manager Must Haves:
1. This position requires both electrical and technical hands on experience - worker must be able to recognize and evaluate problems with ability to handle minor repairs and escalate others to correct department with expertise in the repairs.
2. Must have good communication skills to work with operators, peers, engineers and management.
3. Must have ability to follow-through on tasks to completion.
Site interviews are required for the positions- no phone interviews.
Smoke free zone, inside and outside ground.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.