Equipment and Material Test Analyst/Manager (Night Vision - DAWIA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesignated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
Join our team and work directly to support our Soldiers (PEO Soldier SETA)
NCI: As the Equipment and Material Test Analyst ( Operations Research Specialist ) you will provide support for Program Manager Soldier Sensors and Lasers of PEO Soldier at Fort Belvoir, VA. You will have the opportunity to work on complex projects which will require original thinking and new approaches, guides, aids and manages others on a major program, support priorities and ensures that the work products for the group conform to standards. This position requires the ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of personnel within the military. NCI is always seeking talent and although this position is contingent upon an open position, we encourage you to apply and interview.Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Possess knowledge and experience in the areas of Quality Testing and Product Testing Management.
* Plans and manages assignments, progress and evaluates results.
* Research applicable documents such as Capability Development Documents, Capability Production Documents, product specifications, and Army Regulations, and develop and staff for approval Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs) to support program milestones.
* Act as liaison with Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) and monitor ATEC activities and ensure adequacy of their testing and assessments to ensure they have the data and results needed to support independent evaluation of PM SSL programs.
* Oversee or conduct Test and Evaluation Working Integrated Product Teams (T&E WIPTs) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) and ensure adequacy of associated test plans, procedures, and test execution, and closure on all test issues.
* Ensure military tactics, techniques, and procedures used during testing are current and representative.
* Ensure proper management of testing conducted by ATEC, write daily reports of test results for testing monitored and provide input for weekly significant activity reports as required.
* Evaluate test data, assess risks, and develop test results summaries for leadership briefings and Suitability Statements.
* Work with Project Leads and PM Soldier Weapons leads to understand weapon-to-sensor interface and address and resolve integration issues.
* Monitor Government and contractor testing as required.
* Supervise and verify that contractor small arms testing meet specification requirements and that they are in accordance with approved Quality Validation Plans and specifications.
* Review ATEC system evaluation plan, evaluation strategy reviews, and provide input to the PM SSL T&E Manager and project leads.
* Work with ATEC on scheduling and resourcing for DT/OT, and review ATEC test plans, procedures, and reports and system assessment reports, for adequacy, accuracy, and identification of issues.
* Use test plans or other program data, research and develop fiscal year ammunition requirements to support programs.
* Track all testing planned by PM SSL and maintain a PM SSL Master Test Schedule. Share data with PEO level T&E personnel for test synchronization.
* Ensure all Government test planning documents are uploaded to the Quality-Test SharePoint site.
* Travel to various locations primarily throughout the US to perform test analysis.
* DoD Secret clearance required.
* Education and Experience requirements:* High School AND 5yrs at this level (20yrs progressive) OR
* Associates field AND 5yrs at this level (16yrs progressive) OR
* Bachelor in non-directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (15yrs progressive) OR
* Bachelor in directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (10yrs progressive) OR
* Masters in non-directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (10yrs progressive) OR
* Masters in directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (7yrs progressive) OR
* Doctorate AND 5yrs progressive experience.
* Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% for this position.
* Extensive knowledge and previous experience in: the Defense Acquisition System; test and evaluation; program management; and Soldier systems with an emphasis Night Vision Devices and Targeting Devices.
* Progressive technical expertise or specialty engineering in one or more engineering disciplines: electronic engineering, electrical engineering, thermal engineering, optical engineering, materials engineering, quality engineering, mechanical engineering.
* Experience with interoperability analysis, system standards, military operations (ground, sea, air, and space), program analysis, requirements analysis, program planning, and cost analysis.
* Experience performing complex design, development, fabrication, testing, installation, and troubleshooting; Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level II Test and Evaluation.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.