Equity Derivatives Java Developer 8/27/2016
Open Systems technologies
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our team's main business area is the over-the-counter trading. Our applications typically consist of a user interface written in C#, a bi-temporal relational database and a set of loosely coupled backend processes written in Java, C++ and Scala.
* Communicate with end users and business analysts to gather requirements and demonstrate proposed solutions.
* Plan, estimate and design - usually as part of a group.
* Develop features from little tweaks to many man-week roadmap items. This includes not only the implementation of the core functionality but also creation and execution of automated unit and behavioral tests.
* Create test plans and test scripts to be used by testers or business analysts.
* Administer development tasks to provide transparency for management.
* A thorough knowledge of standard Java including latest language features and commonly used open source libraries.
* Previous experience of Unix/Linux.
* Experience of basic SQL.
* Experience of software development life-cycle.
* Experience of Scala
* Experience of some scripting language (i.e. Perl, Python)
* Experience of stored procedure development.
* Experience of DB2.