This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Competencies and Knowledge:
Experience using a variety of personal computer software applications to perform accounting functions. Experience should include Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Word, email and calendaring software, as well as payables ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, Lawson, et al.
Knowledge of mathematics to make simple calculations; general office practices and procedures; and operating expense and cost allocation coding
* Process detailed data in an accurate manner
* Operate 10-Key by touch
* Apply mathmatical principles
* Exercise sound judgment and descretion in confidential matters
* Identify and prioritize workload to meet dealines with minimal supervision and demonstrated multi-tasking capability
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels both internally and externally
* Provide excellent cusomter service both internally and externally
Additional Minimum Requirements for level Sr.
* Educate and share escheatment (unclaimed property)-related concepts and doctrines with internal and external customers
* Experience and familiarity with abandoned property rules, regulations, and processes preferred, including review of state updates to establish appropriate due diligence and documentation requirements with both internal and external audits of related payments.
* Demonstrated ability to lead a cross functional team and work collaberatively with business partners.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
* Escheatment Accountant would have a high school degree and 2 years of general accounting, accounts payable or disbursement accountant experience and completion of introductory college level accounting classes, or combination of education and experience.
* Additionally, the Escheatment Accountant Sr, would have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in general accounting, accounts payable or disbursement accounting with a minimum of 2 years of experience in escheatment.
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Researches state rules and regulations related to abandoned property due process, research requirements, documentation, filings, etc. Recommends process changes to management as needed to meet state-specific requirements.
* Analyzes outstanding check data for accuracy, makes appropriate corrections to ensure we reissue or escheat the accurate payments and utilimately protect corporate funds.
* Executes/Manages the issuance of due diligence letters, takes inquiries to same, and reissues checks as necessary, as required by each specific state regulation. Maintains detailed reports of claims payments per prescribed methodology to ensure correct financial information is available for use in submitting reports to governing bodies.
* Sends monthly stale dated letters to payees. Monitor and take calls from same and reissue checks as appropriate.
* Maintains check control logs and claims balancing information in accordance with departmental processes and protocols.
* Researches outstanding issues, places stop payment orders, and generates replacement payments as necessaryApplies payable best practices and generally acceptable practices and protocols to all payment requests reviewing submitted documentation for completeness, accuracy, and appropriate approvals.
* Prepares state filings inclusive of all required documentation and voucher check requests to meet state-specific filing and payment requirements and deadlines, including escheatment trending for management review prior to filing (includes three years of filings)
* Utilizes workflow or other technologies as appropriate to research outstanding issues and void, or void and reissue payments as appropriate. Update applicable systems to ensure other areas within the organization can effectively research and resolve outstanding questions from customers, members, business partners, etc.
* Utilizes imaging and data depository systems to respond to research inquiries and requests.
* Creates and maintains a record of voided checks and check tracers for informational retrieval and audit purposes.
* Adhere to MAR and SOC1 controls. In addition, complete quality assurance reviews in support of departmental controls
* Perform all reviews and audits as directed by department policy and procedures reporting findings as prescribed.
* Meets or exceeds all stated performance production metrics, both in quantity and quality of output.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for level Sr.
* Subject matter expert in the rules and regulations related to abandoned property due process, research requirements, documentation, filings, etc. Oversees process changes to management as needed to meet state-specific requirements.
* Analyze teams production and complete monthly metrics reporting for Mananagement review
* Primary contact for escalations and more complex inquiries
* Represent department at business partner meetings. Share meeting content with team and management. Educates business partners on unclaimed property and escheatment processes.
* Represent the organization when dealing with State entities
* Responsible for assigning workload across the team
* Train escheatment team on departmental processes and procedures. Act as go to for production support issues.
* Responsible for leading process improvements initiatives within the team.
* Responsible for testing in support of system updates and enhancements. Also validate system updates prior to completion. After updates ensure accurate documentation updates are completed. Assist in creation of test scripts.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.