Escrow Branch Manager- Walnut Creek, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company's thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For(R) in 2016. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
The Branch Manager, Escrow directs or manages the day-to-day operations of an assigned branch or escrow team where escrow transactions are done and may perform the duties of a production position. Employees supervised are typically escrow positions. Typically has expertise or specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions. Ensures employee conformance to established practices and proper training of staff. Prepares related reports and audits current procedures to monitor efficiency of operations.
* Oversees escrow branch operation's profitability, including goal establishment, communication and execution. Monitors and reports on profitability of assigned area/branch. Interprets financial data and makes adjustments in order to manage expenses and achieve profitability.
* Manages a staff with responsibility for coaching, mentoring, hiring, and training of all branch escrow staff. Delegates assignments, provides development opportunities. Manages workflow and resolves escalated issues.
* Aligns branch goals with business unit goals. Provides input to senior manager.
* Develops and monitors branch metrics, reporting information to senior management and provides recommendations for policy change based on branch results.
* Develops new and repeat business through bankers, brokers and agents.
* Maintains existing client base and manages ongoing client and business challenges.
* Works with internal and external customers to manage all aspects of a sale, resale or refinance escrow transaction. Answers questions and provides guidance regarding products, services, policies or specific transactions.
State licensing preferred
* Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or banking
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5-8 years' experience as an Escrow Officer
* 4+ years of supervisory experience
* Proficient computer skills
* Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
* Basic accounting/finance skills to be able to understand and interpret financial statements
* Strong supervisory and administrative skills
* Customer Service orientation - responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
* Detail orientation; organized
* Problem solving skills
* Planning, analytical and negotiation skills
* Must be able to establish credibility and be decisive, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
* Teamwork: balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
* Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
* Interpersonal: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Verbal Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings