Escrow Officer- American Fork, UT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
American Fork, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Come work for Fortune 100 s Top Places to Work in 2016! We Look for People First!
Do you love interacting with people and seeing them accomplish their American Dream in a team environment*
You will be responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. You will complete real estate escrow transactions by assessing and resolving requirements; clearing titles; preparing, and reviewing closing documents and disbursing funds all to lender specifications.
You may also assist in obtaining clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals along with the following:
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest and closing by recording and filing documents.
* Follows regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
We are looking for people who can improve organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring chances to create valuable contributions to job accomplishments. You should have a passion maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 2- 4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant.
* Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank.