This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhen you work with great people and you get to help others live the
American Dream, it makes for a truly rewarding career. That s the opportunity
awaiting you at First American. As a national leader in title insurance,
closing/settlement and financial services, we play a key role in helping people
take the final step in buying and selling a house. By hiring people of
unyielding dedication and integrity and providing them with the most innovative
technology available, we have enjoyed consistent success in an ever-changing
industry. Join us and see why we re First in opportunity. Great people.
Come work for Fortune 100 s Top Places to Work in 2016! We Look for People First!
Do you love interacting with people and seeing them accomplish their American Dream in a team environment*
You will be responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. You will complete real estate escrow transactions by assessing and resolving requirements; clearing titles; preparing, and reviewing closing documents and disbursing funds all to lender specifications.
You may also assist in obtaining clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals along with the following:
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest and closing by recording and filing documents.
* Follows regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
We are looking for people who can improve organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring chances to create valuable contributions to job accomplishments. You should have a passion maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 2- 4 years experience with 2+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant or in a related field
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.