Escrow Officer 8/11/2016
Superior Search Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are a leading independent Escrow and Title organization that is seeking an Escrow Officer to join our Houston, Texas office. Our organization has a sterling nationwide reputation with an A+ rating with the BBB.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
* Preparation of all documents associated with the processing and closing of escrow, conveyance of title, recording of documents, clearing of title requirements and issuance of title insurance. Interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, directs the preparation of escrow instructions, drawing of documents, issuance of title policies and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists escrow principals, their lenders and/or agents in the consummation of escrows involving the financing or sale of single family and small multi-family residences. Reconciles escrow instructions with commitment and/or preliminary title report. Develops and maintains business by the extensive application of basic marketing and customer service techniques.
* Manages time, appointments, and schedule in an efficient manner.
* Effectively communicates in person and on the telephone with clients and customers. Answers customer questions and/or telephone calls concerning status of pending items in the escrow files. Takes proactive approach to providing status updates for Agents (i.e., closing status or information still required to close or title requirements that need to be addressed.)
* Obtains demands/releases to clear title.
* Draws instructions and supporting documents for signing.
* Audits and closes file when all funds and documents are received.
* Reviews commitment and/or preliminary title report to verify vesting and legal description. Compares exceptions shown in title report with buyers', sellers', and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions.
* Reconciles discrepancies between instructions and title report with title officer and/or principals by modifying escrow instructions or assisting principals in obtaining releases of liens and other encumbrances.
* Orders beneficiary statements or demands, fire insurance, loan interest, rents and other prorated items.
* Please note: A book of Business is NOT required at all for this role.
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K, 3 to 4 weeks of vacation and much more!!!...