This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Title s Mortgage Solutions division is a member of the First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) family of companies. First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. The Mortgage Solutions division provides title insurance settlement services, signing services, portfolio analytics, retention and acquisition services; property valuations; and default solutions for the mortgage banking industry. In fact, Mortgage Solutions works with a multitude of people across the entire origination, servicing and default continuum, and has helped close millions of real estate transactions nationwide. For more information, visit www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions/
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
* Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
* Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
* Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
* Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
* Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. * Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions.
* Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
* Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 2- 4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant.
* Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank.