Estimating Director / Theme Park 8/17/2016
Leisure and Travel Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Career Choice, Inc. an Executive Search Firm in the hospitality industry and all about communication and relationships!
We open the door to new relationships in line with your career desires we listen to your career plans, expectations, goals and direction. Then we discuss the career opportunities that fit your criteria.
What we look for . . . top talent players that are strategic in their approach to career growth with a solid track record.
In the information age, it is people that still run the business. Let's use communication to build that relationship, because it is about people and it starts with you and me.
OUR CURRENT SEARCH
POSITION: Estimating Director
LOCATION: Orlando, Florida
SALARY: 148K plus Full Benefits, 401K and perks
CLIENT COMPANY DETAILS
Our client is based in the theme park and resort capital of the world, Orlando, FL. It is home base for the design and development of all the resort and themed entertainment projects globally. This is an exciting time for growth
The team is an eclectic group of talented people in Product Design, Animation, Engineering, Film and TV Production, Toy Design, Financial Planning, Construction, Architecture, Law, Business, and Theatre Design, to name a few.
To be successful they rely on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity - that do not let ego and area stand in the way of excellence and creativity.
DOES THIS SOUND INTERESTING TO YOU Read on . . . Then call us.
* Generate initial project budget estimates for all projects ranging from Retail, Restaurants, Attractions Resort Hotels to new Theme Parks.
* Management of in-house estimators and contracted estimating firms, both U.S. and Internationally based, for various scopes of work.
* Review initial budget estimates for new projects, including estimate refinements prepared by the individual project estimators or outside estimating firms.
* Perform function of lead estimator for large scopes of work, which requires supervision of in-house or contracted estimating resources, as scope of work indicates.
* Develop comparisons for various attractions and non-attraction facilities.
* Develop conceptual Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates for projects prior to and in Blue Sky Phase, to develop initial costs for business unit financial analysis.
* Create "value engineering" (VE) components with the project team to mitigate cost overruns.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineer in related business fields is required. Master's Degree in Construction Management of Business Administration is preferred.
* 10-15 Years on-site construction and estimating experience on retail, food, hotel, theme parks and themed entertainment projects.
* Knowledge of show and ride estimating and facility impacts required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 15-20 Years on-site construction and estimating experience for owners and/or contractors in the Resort/Entertainment field of commercial contruction, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be capable of presenting his cost estimates to upper management level positions.
Will be required to interface with third-party clients on International projects for large scale Resort and Theme Park developments.