This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Kaufman Lynn Construction
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
* Develop bid strategy and manage big team(s) and subcontractor relationships.
* Preparer competitive bid proposals and provide preconstruction services on Construction
* Management Projects and Cost Plus contract projects. Develop and maintain design professional and client relationships in developing future sales. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Preparation of concept, budgetary and final estimate bid proposals, insure that budgets quotes and proposals are accurate and completed with professional quality.
* Consult with Estimating Staff, CFO, Senior VP's on the details of bid crew rates, labor multipliers, general & administrative costs and markups, and proposal content.
* Conduct in assigned Pre-Construction / CM Meetings with Design Teams and Stakeholders.
* Consult with clients, vendors and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates in the revolved issues.
* Read and study bid package documents to ensure company compliance and insure that all bids are prepared in a manner consistent with those documents, i.e. instructions to bidders, scope narratives, plans, specifications, etc.
* Maintain a professional manner when representing company and the estimating team in internal/external meetings.
* Development takeoffs, evaluation and/or development of construction labor rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
* Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable (VE)
* Provide technical assistance in negotiating owner and subcontractor contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Building Construction is preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in estimating.
* Experience in Municipal Work, Higher Education, Healthcare, Public Schools, Assisted
* Living, Multifamily and Country Clubs as well as a variety of other markets.
* Ability to read engineering and architectural drawings and specifications.
* Strong Analytical skills.
* Ability to read and understand contracts.
* Outstanding and professional oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, On-Screen Take off is required