This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you love seeing a project come to fruition from paper to the finished product? Heavy scheduling and attention to detail is your thing? Do you thrive in an environment assisting managers on projects? An exciting opportunity for an Estimator in Phoenix, AZ awaits you!
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., named a Top Workplace for 4 consecutive years by the Denver Post is currently seeking an Estimator for projects involving commercial and industrial electrical construction. Since 1912 Sturgeon Electric has been providing comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western United States. Why work for Sturgeon Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Estimators have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K. If you were to ask our Estimators across the country why they like working for Sturgeon Electric, chances are they would say, Because of the people. We help each other out. There's a we're all in this together mentality that prevails.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Estimator Duties, included but not limited to:
* Preparation of complete cost estimates (labor and material) for electrical commercial and industrial projects
* Close coordination with Project Management
* Preparation of bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data entry
* Additional duties as determined by Chief Estimator
* This position will be based in Phoenix, AZ and will work with projects within the State and potentially neighboring States. Some travel is required.
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* 1-3 years or more of experience estimating new construction, maintenance and retrofit projects within electrical commercial and industrial projects
* Candidate must be knowledgeable of the N.E.C and local codes
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to the electrical work
* Knowledgeable with a wide variety of electrical materials and methods of installation
* Computer literate and proficient with software such as Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel. Estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent preferred.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction or related field desirable but not essential
* Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Team player and able to work with various partners from start to finish
* Self-driven and have the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.