Estimator - Plumbing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Acco Engineered Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work. In addition, employees at ACCO enjoy the benefits of being stakeholders of the company; ACCO is 100% employee-owned !
This Estimator is responsible for creating take offs and initial equipment requirements with the intent of creating competitive bid documents for our Plumbing Group.
* Conduct accurate take offs for various plumbing projects
* Enter take off information into various estimating software systems
* Create accurate equipment counts and assist with vendor quotes for new projects
* Maintain productivity rates and material pricing
* Assist the project management team with means and methods for each project.
* Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/project managers/senior managers and executives.
* At last two to three years of experience in a similar role
* Experience with the following software/ applications is preferred, but not required: Google Mail (Drive and Calendar applications), Trimble AutoBid, Quickpen, Viewpoint Estimation or other plumbing estimating software.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, with professional demeanor.
* Able to demonstrate reliability and dependability on a consistent basis.
* Proficiency in MS Windows, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and proactive use of spell-check.
* Typing speed of at least 40 wpm accurately.
* Excellent grammar and written communication skills.
* Ability to effectively multi-task and work within deadlines with variable workloads depending on need.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
* The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
* As the employee maintains and orders supplies to the Project Group, the employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets and mail cubicles.
* Regular and routine attendance.
ACCO has an outstanding benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care account options, 401(k), education, paid vacation and holidays. Ask us about our Employee Stock Ownership Program!
ACCO Engineered Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA M /F/Vet /Disability. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.