This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Do you have a good head for pulling together data and numbers? Do you thrive working with a varied amount of projects and a dynamic team environment? Are you organized and customer oriented? An exciting opportunity as an Estimator in Denver, CO may be the job for you!
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., named a Top Workplace for 4 consecutive years by the Denver Post is currently seeking an Estimator for it's traffice division located in Denver, CO. Since 1912 Sturgeon Electric has been providing comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western United States. Why work for Sturgeon Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Estimators have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K. If you were to ask our Estimators across the country why they like working for Sturgeon Electric, chances are they would say, Because of the people. We help each other out. There's a we're all in this together mentality that prevails.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Estimator Duties, included but not limited to:
* Preparation of complete cost estimates (labor, material and subcontract) for electrical transportation projects
* Coordinate pre-bid efforts with internal and external stakeholders
* Review subcontractor quotes to ensure completeness and competitiveness.
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Prepare all required information and documentation for presentation at bid reviews.
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data entry
* Additional duties as determined by Chief Estimator
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* 5 years or more of experience in heavy/highway and/or electrical construction. Design/Build experience a plus
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to the electrical work
* Knowledgeable with a wide variety of electrical materials and methods of installation
* Computer literate and proficient with software such as Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel. Estimating software such as Accubid or Heavybid preferred
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or related field desirable but not essential
* Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Team player and able to work with various partners from start to finish
* Self-driven and have the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.