This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking a qualified Estimator I to join our team in either the Irvine or Riverside, California office. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
The Estimator I is a member of the preconstruction/estimating team is responsible for preparing sections of schematic, design development and construction document estimates including soliciting and evaluating subcontractor bids, and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys, reviewing project plans and specifications for all CSI (Construction Specific Institute) categories of work.
* Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for some CSI division systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development, construction documents).
* Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team s assistance.
* Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
* Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
* Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
* Develops unit costs accurately.
* Performs technical/plan review when required.
* Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
* Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources.
* Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload.
* Becomes proficient in computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. Beck Estimator/WinEST/Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff (OST),BuildingConnected and Bluebeam).
* Constantly strives to improve individual capabilities, performance and expand knowledge of construction technologies and techniques.
Promote Customer Relations
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent & Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends preconstructions /operations classroom training programs, participates in software training, seminars and assists in the development of interns / co-ops.
PERFORM OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS NEEDED
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent work experience with 2 to 4 years of preconstruction/estimating and/or operations experience on commercial construction projects or 4 to 7 years of progressive equivalent work experience in a related field.
* Knowledgeable in some of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, interior finishes, exterior building wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
* Strong computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spread sheets, and email.
* Possess good organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
* Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
* Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
* Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, word processing, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* Experience in the Los Angeles and Orange County region preferred, with intimate knowledge of the local markets and subcontractor base in both the private and public market sectors.
The majority of the work is completed in an office setting at the Division s Irvine or Riverside office with some travel to the Division s main office in San Diego, CA. Periodic meetings at off-site locations may occur.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.
#LI-POST Apply Now