Estimator - Low Voltage
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Do you love seeing a project come to fruition from paper to the finished product? Heavy scheduling and attention to detail is your thing? Do you thrive in an environment assisting managers on projects? An exciting opportunity for a Low Voltage Estimator in Loveland, CO awaits you!
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., named a Top Workplace for 3 consecutive years by the Denver Post is currently seeking an Estimator for low voltage projects. Since 1912 Sturgeon Electric has been providing comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western United States. Why work for Sturgeon Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Estimators have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K. If you were to ask our Estimators across the country why they like working for Sturgeon Electric, chances are they would say, Because of the people. We help each other out. There's a we're all in this together mentality that prevails.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Estimators are responsible for cost estimates for various commercial and industrial low voltage construction projects. Estimators are an integral part of the low voltage construction process and ensure the company's competitiveness, profitability, and growth.
* Prepare cost estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work; utilize computer estimating system; review final documents for accuracy and completeness
* Participate in the estimate review process with internal and external stakeholders; review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
* Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes; review quotes for completeness with plans and specifications
* Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation; draft scope inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications for estimates; may review design options and recommend best solutions based on cost, quality, or material availability
* Prepare bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customers, subcontractors, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency; maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers
* Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
* Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders
* Coordinate closely with project management
* Regular and predictable attendance is required
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* Minimum of 1 year estimating new construction, maintenance, and retrofit projects within low voltage commercial and industrial projects
* Knowledgeable with specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
* Knowledgeable of the N.E.C. and all relevant local codes
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to low voltage work
* Knowledgeable with a wide variety of low voltage materials and methods of installation
* Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications as well as with estimating software such as Blue Beam, Accubid or equivalent
* Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
* Possess excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
* Team player able to successfully work with diverse internal and external partners
* Self-driven with the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
* Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to travel as required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.